How does Carnegie Robotics (CR) deliver engineering services differently and better than the rest?
- Emphasize reusable IP. We never start from scratch, we provide customized solutions that leverage proven technology and IP. This can be off-the-shelf products we sell to other integrators and researchers, or great reference designs that require minor tweaks to support a new application. And we reuse and adapt our software to save you time and money.
- Design to meet Size, Weight and Power (SWAP) goals. Often times, integrating commercial-off-the-shelf components won’t support the SWAP requirements of the overall system. CR engineers can and will design SWAP-optimized components if system requirements demand it. Our electrical engineers design sensors, power systems, networking infrastructure, and input/output boards with the right connectors and protection for the application. Our mechanical engineers design custom mechanisms, housings, thermal management, and full mobility platforms - all backed by structural and thermal finite element analysis. Software engineering, CR’s largest group, optimize their code to work on the embedded microcontroller or CPU that fits your application’s bill of material and power targets.
- Strong system engineering. Our project managers are great system engineers who lead multi-functional and fast moving technical teams addressing requirements derived from customer specifications. So the customer communicates with one person, reducing miscommunication risk while lowering project management cost.
- Cover all the bases. Environmental, EMI, safety and interoperability standards, Built-in-Test (BIT) and recovery, operator and maintenance manuals and training, warranty support.
- We manufacture what we design. With engineering and production under the same roof, we transition designs more quickly and effectively. Our engineers consider supply chain and manufacturing needs early in the design process and transfer product knowledge directly to production personnel by generating work instructions and test procedures, selecting suppliers, and troubleshooting early manufacturing problems that arise. Our ISO 9001:2008 certified processes tie it all together. Customers with their own production capability still benefit from a CR-developed technical data package based upon our design-for-production know how.
Have an idea for a disruptive product? Let us help you make it a reality.
Onsite testing facilities
All CR products undergo Highly Accelerated Life Test (HALT) and Highly Accelerated Stress Screening (HASS) with our in-house thermal chambers.
CR’s custom-designed dust chamber provides a controlled environment to evaluate 1D, 2D, and 3D sensor performance. Testers can vary obscurant density, particle size and range to target. The chamber provides dynamic lighting controls and monitors dust density as well as air flow and direction.