Buyer/ Inventory Control Specialist
Execute purchasing, inventory control, and timely order fulfillment. Supports business development by quoting material costs and delivery times.
Position provides support to our manufacturing operations by:
- Quoting manufacturing material and determining feasibility, cost, and lead-time.
- Purchasing production material
- Ensuring timely delivery of materials
- Maintaining inventories
- Reducing material costs while also insuring timely delivery and quality.
- Identifying opportunities to lower purchased goods costs, eliminate waste and improve quality.
- Accurately following all CRL processes and standards.
- Effective use of Microsoft Suite
- Experience using a modern MRP system
- Ability to effectively manage the business relationship and transactions with the suppliers of raw materials or product components
- Knowledge of issues and considerations for effectively managing inventories of raw materials, work in progress and finished goods
- Knowledge of the day-to-day operations of a manufacturing plant or facility
- Committed to:
- Customer satisfaction
- Respect for people
- Safety of themselves and others
- Familiar with Deltek Costpoint: Requisitioning, Approval, Purchase Order, Receiving, and Inventory Relieving
- B.S. degree in Business, Supply Chain or a Management or management field of study with 2 + years of experience in Procurement and Production & Inventory Control (PIC) in a manufacturing environment OR high school diploma with at least 6 + years of experience in Procurement and Production & Inventory Control (PIC) in a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of LEAN/Toyota Production System preferred.
This position may require infrequent travel.
VP of Manufacturing
Please email the following materials in Word or PDF format to the Carnegie Robotics Hiring Manager at: email@example.com and include “Buyer/ Inventory Control Specialist” in your email header:
- Short statement as to why you think you have what is needed for this position.
- Two current references (including email, phone and basis for reference). We will contact your references to verify that you have the drive, attitude and skills to succeed in our environment.
Carnegie Robotics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes applications from all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable laws and Carnegie Robotics’ employment policies.