Carnegie Robotics is a small but rapidly growing developer and manufacturer of advanced robotics sensors and equipment for commercial, defense, agricultural and other applications.
The Facilities Technician is responsible for the maintenance and cleaning of the facility and assisting with facility repairs. Additionally, the Facilities Technician will assess and consider daily 1) the safety of our employees, 2) the security of our assets and 3) the service to our members. This position will coordinate with outside contractors or vendors for various services.
This position is located in Pittsburgh, PA.
• Assist with Installation and maintenance of facilities equipment
• Janitorial duties, cleaning, stocking supplies and maintaining restrooms, lobby, kitchen area, break room and offices.
• Assist with mechanical equipment, including but not limited to mechanical, electrical, data and plumbing.
• Assemble and move furniture, hang white boards, move and set up offices.
• Drywall and painting repairs.
• Perform preventative maintenance on a scheduled routine basis on a daily, weekly and monthly checklist.
• This position requires lift at least 50 lbs., bending to lift supply boxes; carrying and moving heavy items; climbing ladders, going up and down stairs, pushing and pulling heavy carts.
Ideal Candidates Should have:
• Considerable knowledge of the methods, tools, and equipment utilized with-in the grounds, and facility maintenance and repair. Knowledge, skills, and abilities of the work hazards and applicable safety standards associated with facility maintenance and repair.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure, and against strict time constraints.
• Ability to use standard powered and non-powered tools.
• Must be able to effectively communicate with all employees, contractors and vendors.
Competencies and Requirements
• Facilities or construction work experience
• Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license
• High school diploma
• Trade education a plus
Please email a resume and brief cover letter in Word or PDF format to the Carnegie Robotics Hiring Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Facilities Technician I” in your email header:
Carnegie Robotics offers a very competitive benefits package. Due to the nature of some of our work, all applicants must be U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents to be considered.
Carnegie Robotics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes applications from all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable laws and Carnegie Robotics’ employment policies.