Reporting to the VP of Manufacturing, you will play a critical role in building a world class manufacturing team, developing processes that support the production of the high technology components and systems that CRL supplies its military and commercial customers. If you are a self-starter; are driven to expand your technical and leadership skills; and strive for the economic benefits that result from hard work in a high-growth environment, you should jump on this opportunity.
As a Manufacturing Engineer, you will learn and apply Lean Manufacturing strategies to create processes, tools and procedures that help bring CRL's product offerings to new levels of quality, reliability and value. You will be expected to learn, support and eventually lead the following activities:
- Design for Manufacturing
- New Product Launch
- Process Design
- Process Failure Modes Effects Analysis
- Error Proofing- Poke Yoke, Judoka
- Line Balancing- Yamazumi
- Corrective Actions Preventive Actions (CAPA)
- Problem Solving: PDCA(Plan Due Check Act), A3, 3 x 5 Why
- Review engineering prints
- Develop production documents as part of a cross functional team including: Manufacturing Orders, Work Orders, Work Instructions, Checklists, Control Plan
- Use of standard metrology methods to measure components
- Prevention of Electrostatic Discharge (ESD)
- Troubleshooting products and processes
- Continuous improvement (Kaizen) activities
- Train production employees on new products, processes, and equipment
- Can document and maintain ISO 9001 processes
- Excel within a cross functional team environment
- Proactive and action oriented; works the details as necessary
- Clearly and succinctly conveys information and ideas to individuals/groups in a variety of situations; communicating in a focused and compelling way that helps them understand, retain and engage.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and ability to multi task in a fast paced engineering/manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or engineering technology.
- Recent graduate with relevant background to five years of manufacturing engineering experience.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Experience with precision instrumentation and/or complex electromechanical systems preferred.
- Proven experience with supplier management, configuration management and change processes, and CAPA system management.
Please email the following materials in Word or PDF format to the Carnegie Robotics Hiring Manager at: email@example.com and include “Manufacturing Engineer Position” in your email header:
- Short statement as to why you think you have what is needed for this position.
- Two current references (including email, phone and basis for reference). We will contact your references and verify that you have the drive, attitude and skills to succeed as a Manufacturing Engineer in our environment.