Principal Engineer - Computer Vision / Machine Learning
Carnegie Robotics is looking for a senior engineer versed in computer vision, machine learning, and 2D image analysis to join our team.
We build robotic components that are used every day in demanding environments, including FPGA based dense stereo cameras, smart monocular cameras, GPS-denied pose systems, rugged computers, and custom robots for defense, mining, agriculture, and heavy industry. As robotics systems builders ourselves, CRL designs our components with the right feature set, level of robustness, and ease-of-integration to enable our customers to develop applications quickly and at less cost.
As CRL’s perception lead, you will direct the enhancement and expansion of our MultiSense product line and work with the company’s CTO to develop the company’s component product strategy moving forward.
- Work closely with the Company’s executive team to define internal R&D efforts and ultimately lead many of these efforts.
- Pursue research contracts that support and enhance CRL’s product development strategy.
- Define and implement new capabilities across CRL’s MultiSense product line.
- Develop and apply novel computer vision solutions for CRL’s end user applications and systems.
- Strong math skills
- Machine learning, particularly in the context of computer vision
- SLAM, Structure from Motion, 3D reconstruction
- Good intuition for real-world systems; works well with Mech E and EE teams
- Good proposal writer and presentation skills
- Can develop working prototype code, preferably in C++
MS degree in Robotics, Computer Vision, or Computer Science; PhD preferred. Five or more years of work experience in developing advanced computer vision / 3D perception applications.
Please email the following materials in Word or PDF format to the Carnegie Robotics Hiring Manager at: email@example.com and include “Principal Engineer” in your email header:
- Short statement as to why you think you have what is needed for this position.
- Code sample(s) (link or download)
- Two current references (including email, phone and basis for reference). We will contact your references and verify that you have the drive, attitude and skills to succeed as an Engineer in our environment.
Carnegie Robotics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes applications from all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable laws and Carnegie Robotics’ employment policies.