Reporting to the VP of Manufacturing, you will play a leading role in transitioning CRL designs to production systems. You will use MRP and project schedules to execute production and material planning, scheduling, and expediting of customer orders within a manufacturing environment.
- Coordinate with stakeholders, including manufacturing, project managers, engineers, and material management personnel, to ensure proper prioritization and scheduling of production through the release and management of manufacturing orders.
- Utilize MRP to develop and maintain part master data, BOMs, manufacturing routings, material planning, and manufacturing orders.
- Read and interpret drawings, specifications, BOM and other data inputs to derive requirements for production.
- Maintain manufacturing orders and technical documentation released to the production floor to ensure configuration control during production.
- Interface with Engineering to review and effectively implement engineering change orders and other changes that may affect current production activities/schedules.
- Coordinate with warehouse team to support shop order pick list release, and kitting prioritization.
- Support efforts to procure materials used in manufacturing.
- Provide accurate and timely communication of shortages or delays which could impact customer deliveries.
- Assisting manufacturing and project managers to investigate production delays, and recommend alternative methods to manage manufacturing workload to eliminate schedule delays.
- Produce production status reports using data extracted from MRP system and analyze it using MS Office tools.
- Effective user of MRP, preferably Deltek Costpoint
- Competent interpreter of technical data (drawings, work instructions, specifications, etc.), bills of material (BOMs), routings, and material requirements planning (MRP) tools / systems.
- Team player with ability to handle multiple simultaneous tasks and follow-up on requests.
- Detail oriented with exceptional organization and time management ability.
- Ability to document and maintain ISO 9001 processes.
- US Citizenship required
Required Skills and Education:
- Defense industry manufacturing experience including compliance with: FAR/DFAR, DCAA, and CPSR
- Effective user of Deltek Costpoint (MRP), SAP or equivalent
- Working knowledge of LEAN/Toyota Production System preferred.
Please email the following materials in Word or PDF format to the Carnegie Robotics Hiring Manager at: email@example.com and include “Production Planner Position” in your email header:
- Short statement as to why you think you have what is needed for this position.
- Two current references (including email, phone and basis for reference). We will contact your references to verify that you have the drive, attitude and skills to succeed as a Production Planner in our environment.
Carnegie Robotics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes applications from all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable laws and Carnegie Robotics’ employment policies.