Develop and support a comprehensive, enterprise wide, Quality Management System compliant with ISO 9001:2008. Focus on QMS documentation and refining quality controls, including leading Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA) efforts, supplier qualifications, and requirements compliance. Support released products, evaluate returns, and establish incoming inspection and in-process inspections where required. This is a developmental opportunity for the right candidate.
- Leads activities in the development and maintenance of an ISO 9001:2008 compliant Quality Management System.
- Supports continuous improvement initiatives, including the implementation of quality plans and procedures that drive quality improvements. Coordinates resolution of quality issues, and raises concerns to quality management, as appropriate.
- Assumes lead role in supplier development by conducting quality audits and developing subsequent preventive action programs, including an approval/rating program through the exercise of rigorous qualification processes.
- Coordinates inspection related activities in support of other departments’ functions and requirements.
- Reviews, analyzes and reports on quality discrepancies and CRL quality goals.
- Manages the CAPA System ensuring CAPA’s are evaluated and closed in an expeditious manner, including actions on returns or product complaints.
- Identifies non-conforming materials and workmanship, performs root cause analysis, and implements effective short and long-term corrective actions.
- Coordinates the reporting, analysis, and resolution of non-conformance incidences including active participation in Material Review Board and other meetings as needed.
- Ability to resolve quality issues throughout a company, and establish courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Clearly and succinctly conveys information and ideas to individuals/groups in a variety of situations; communicating in a focused and compelling way that helps them understand, retain and engage.
- Proactive and action oriented; works the details as necessary
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multi task in a fast paced engineering/manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or the physical sciences.
- Five to ten years of experience in quality engineering working within a highly technical product development and manufacturing enterprise;
- Experience with precision instrumentation and complex electromechanical systems.
- Proven experience with supplier management, configuration management and change processes, and CAPA program management.
Please email the following materials in Word or PDF format to the Carnegie Robotics Hiring Manager at: email@example.com and include “Quality Engineer” in your email header:
- Short statement as to why you think you have what is needed for this position.
- Two current references (including email, phone and basis for reference). We will contact your references to verify that you have the drive, attitude and skills to succeed as a Production Planner in our environment.
Carnegie Robotics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes applications from all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable laws and Carnegie Robotics’ employment policies.