Carnegie Robotics LLC (CRL) has an immediate need for a highly skilled quality engineer to help transition a military robot from the Engineering and Manufacturing Development (EMD) phase to Low Rate Initial Production (LRIP). Over the next 6 months, the company has US Army funding to build two additional systems for the purposes of 1) correcting design deficiencies identified from field tests, 2) improving the manufacturability of the system, 3) improving our work instructions and production floor control procedures and 4) maturing our quality control and assurance practices. This hire will help us accomplish all four goals. This is a contract hire but will consider converting to full time based upon performance and company prospects after six month period.
- Serves as the primary quality control resource for problem identification, resolution, loss reporting and continuous improvement
- Determines quality improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to manufacturing processes.
- Designs, implements and documents procedures.
- Establishes and implements metrics for monitoring system effectiveness
- Performs root-cause analysis and other problem solving activities to identify effective corrective actions and process improvements.
- Monitors vendor performance and establish criteria and rating system for vendors.
- Oversees calibration and testing programs.
- Reports to management on quality issues, trends and losses.
- Reviews suppliers purchase orders and establish supplier quality requirements.
- Interfaces with supplier and customer quality representatives concerning problems with quality control and assure that effective corrective action is implemented.
- Systematic problem solver. Proactive and action oriented; works the details as necessary
- Ability to quickly identify quality issues and establish courses of action for self and others to ensure that issues are resolved efficiently.
- Clearly and succinctly conveys information and ideas to individuals/groups in a variety of situations; communicating in a focused and compelling way that helps them understand, retain and engage.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multi task in a fast paced engineering/manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or the physical sciences.
- Five to ten years of experience in quality engineering working within a highly technical product development and manufacturing enterprise;
- Served as quality engineer for at least one defense program that successfully transitioned from EMD to production
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer credentials preferred
- Practical experience with complex electromechanical systems.
- Applicant must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident to be considered.
Apply using this web based tool. Please be prepared to include a resume and a short statement as to why you think you have what is needed for this position.
Carnegie Robotics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes applications from all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable laws and Carnegie Robotics’ employment policies.