Carnegie Robotics is seeking talented, driven individuals with a passion for meeting and exceeding challenges. As we are a young, evolving company, our needs change quickly. A successful Software Associate is able to adapt to an ever-changing list of responsibilities and tasks and meet goals in both a timely and accurate fashion.
Our Software Associates are exceptionally driven individuals who thrive on new challenges, follow instructions, aren't afraid to take initiative and can handle frequently changing tasking. Attitude is crucial to this position, much more than specific educational background. Show up with great attitude and energy and you will succeed.
We don't require a 4-year degree for this position. However, we will want to see good grades and references from whatever path you have taken in life.
The Software Associate position is hourly with full benefits. Overtime hours are very common. Due to the nature of some of our work, all applicants must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents to be considered. Ability to travel for several days at a time on short notice is a plus.
Responsibilities for the position of Software Associate may include (but are not limited to):
- OS installation, configuration and maintenance.
- Computer hardware building, testing, interfacing and debugging.
- Work with the customer technical support team.
- Automation and scripting of production and quality control tasks.
- Sensor (e.g., stereo, laser) configuration, data collection and processing.
- Help maintain internal process-control services, including website maintenance.
- Data entry, document editing, spreadsheet and presentation material preparation.
In general, a good candidate will have:
- Self-initiative and drive. We seek individuals who push themselves above and beyond.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong working knowledge of PC hardware.
- Prior experience with open-source scripting languages, such as Python.
- Good working knowledge of Linux-based operating systems.
- Good working knowledge of LANs, TCP/IP, and wireless networks
This position holds strong potential for upward growth. Carnegie Robotics strives to incubate and nurture talent; we think of this position as an “apprenticeship” of sorts, wherein the successful candidate can grow in scope of responsibility, skill set and compensation. We offer a fantastic environment for growth for those with drive.
Please email the following materials in Word or PDF format to the Carnegie Robotics Hiring Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Software Associate Position” in your email header:
- Short statement as to why you think you have what is needed for this position.
- Current references (including email, phone and basis for reference). We will contact your references and verify that you have the drive, attitude and attention to detail required for this position.
Carnegie Robotics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes applications from all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable laws and Carnegie Robotics’ employment policies.