Coop Student or Summer Intern
Electrical Engineering Intern - Multiple Positions
Carnegie Robotics seeks outstanding students for summer internships. You can expect hard challenges during your summer internship; you will learn many skills and want to return to college or high school in the fall to rest. We view internships as excellent opportunities for us to learn about future potential full-time hires while also contributing to students' education and their understanding of work practices in an engineering setting. Many of our interns return annually and take on ever more challenging tasks.
We accept summer college interns and also do accept mature, driven high school students aged 16 and older. In all cases we expect to see excellent grades, work ethic and a strong desire to accomplish something during your summer. We pay well and will push you well beyond your comfort zone. Due to the nature of some of our work, all applicants must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents to be considered.
Electrical Engineering Interns will be treated as junior engineers on development teams and will assist and work on the following aspects of development projects:
- Work with Software and Mechanical Engineers for sensor integration and overall specification definition.
- Generate schematic capture and PCB layout using modern CAD tools.
- Author design documentation: concept of operations, requirements, and hardware design specification.
- Sub-system Level design analysis, characterization
- Perform engineering debug analysis including the use of oscilloscopes, multi-meters, power supplies, and signal generators.
- Perform COTS trade studies to assist make-versus-buy decisions.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required
To be accepted as a summer intern, you will have to show us some unique accomplishment beyond just grades. Something that you have taken on with passion in your life.
Most of our intern slots are typically filled by March, but feel free to apply at any time in the year. We also accept Co-op applications for longer work periods.
Please email the following materials in Word or Adobe PDF format to the Carnegie Robotics Hiring Manager at: email@example.com:
- Short statement as to why you think you have what is needed for this position.
- At least one non-family reference (including email, phone and basis for reference). We will contact your reference and verify that you have the drive, attitude and maturity to succeed as a summer intern at Carnegie Robotics.
- Include “Electrical Engineering Intern” in your email header.
Carnegie Robotics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes applications from all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable laws and Carnegie Robotics.