Carnegie Robotics is seeking talented, driven individuals with a passion for meeting and exceeding challenges. As we are a young, evolving company, our challenges and needs change quickly. A successful Technical Associate is able to adapt to an ever-changing list of responsibilities and tasks and meet goals in both a timely and accurate fashion.
Our Technical Associates are exceptionally driven individuals who thrive on new challenges, follow instructions, aren't afraid to take initiative and can handle frequently changing tasking. Attitude is crucial to this position, much more than specific educational background. Show up with great attitude and energy and you will succeed.
We don't require a 4-year technical degree for this position. However, we will want to see good grades and references from whatever path you have taken in life.
The Technical Associate position is hourly with full benefits. Overtime hours are very common. Due to the nature of some of our work, all applicants must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents to be considered. Applicants must also have a valid driver's license and no DUI offenses on their driving record. Ability to travel for several days at a time on short notice is a plus.
Responsibilities for the position of Technical Associate may include (but are not limited to):
- Sensor set-up, data collection and note taking.
- Testing support and execution, including conducting test procedures on robotic systems and taking detailed notes.
- Wiring, mechanical assembly, wood and metal shop tasks.
- Manufacturing production support, light assembly, data entry and quality control tasks.
- Vehicle maintenance and repair.
- Data entry, document editing, spreadsheet and presentation material preparation.
- Still and video photography and editing.
- GPS-based surveying and processing of data.
- Operating company vehicles.
In general, a good candidate will have:
- Self-initiative and drive. We seek individuals who push themselves above and beyond.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills beyond basic familiarity with Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent work ethic: on time, reliable and willing to undertake a flexible schedule if necessary.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent flexibility when it comes to duties: you may be asked to do anything from help repair a robot to sweep the floor.
- Experience with electrical and mechanical systems such as those found in residential homes or automobiles.
- Experience troubleshooting and maintaining computer hardware, software and networks.
This position holds strong potential for upward growth. Carnegie Robotics strives to incubate and nurture talent; we think of this position as an “apprenticeship” of sorts, wherein the successful candidate can grow in scope of responsibility, skill set and compensation. We offer a fantastic environment for growth for those with drive.
Please email the following materials in Word or PDF format to the Carnegie Robotics Hiring Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Technical Associate Position” in your email header:
- Short statement as to why you think you have what is needed for this position.
- Current references (including email, phone and basis for reference). We will contact your references and verify that you have the drive, attitude and attention to detail required for this position.
Carnegie Robotics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes applications from all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable laws and Carnegie Robotics’ employment policies.