Carnegie Robotics is seeking creative, energetic and driven Mechanical Engineers with strong hands-on product development skills to work on a variety of interesting and challenging robotic mechanism, perception and control projects. This position provides the opportunity to join a team of talented veterans in the robotics field and to design advanced sensors and autonomous robots from the ground up. The ideal applicant for this position has brains, creativity, and strong experience developing electro-mechanical components and sub-systems. We seek candidates who take pride in building solid, rigorously tested systems. Successful candidates will have strong track record showing urgency, excellence, initiative and thirst for challenge.
Carnegie Robotics offers a very competitive benefits package. Due to the nature of some of our work, all applicants must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents to be considered.
We seek experienced as well as entry-level Mechanical Engineer candidates with:
- Product design background especially in electro-mechanical systems.
- A deep portfolio of experience that includes some impressive failures and lessons.
- Experience rigorously testing mechanical systems (e.g., vibration, thermal).
· Experience working closely with software and electrical engineers.
· Deep experience with CAD tools (SolidWorks is preferred).
· Solid background in engineering analysis and experience with common analytical tools.
Ideal candidates will additionally have:
- Experience with passive thermal design and analysis, FEA, and custom gear trains.
- Working knowledge and moderate experience with electrical systems (e.g., power distribution, grounding, cabling, harnessing).
- Working knowledge of at least one programming language.
- Experience in production-level design, and manufacturing support.
Please email the following materials in Word or PDF format to the Carnegie Robotics Hiring Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Mechanical Engineering Position” in your email header:
- Short statement as to why you think you have what is needed for this position.
- A work sample or design portfolio.
- Two current references (including email, phone and basis for reference). We will contact your references and verify that you have the drive, attitude and skills to succeed as a Mechanical Engineer in our environment.
Carnegie Robotics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes applications from all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable laws and Carnegie Robotics’ employment policies.