2022 Software Engineer Internship and Co-Op
Carnegie Robotics seeks outstanding students for our internships and co-ops. We view internships as excellent opportunities for us to learn about future potential full-time hires while also contributing to students’ education and their understanding of work practices in an engineering setting. Many of our interns return annually and take on ever more challenging tasks. Please note that this is a full time position.
We accept college junior, senior, masters and PhD level students. In all cases we expect to see excellent grades, work ethic and a strong desire to accomplish goals. We pay well and will push you well beyond your comfort zone.
As a Software Engineer Intern you will:
Software Engineering Interns will be treated as junior engineers on development teams and will assist and work on the following aspects of development projects:
- Create software for robotics components and systems, including algorithms, high-level C++, lower-level C code, and user interfaces.
- Test software in system integration laboratories, simulation, and on fully-realized robots.
- Analyze system performance through the use of data logs and the creation of post-processing software and scripts.
- Work in the design space by writing use cases, software specifications, hold and participate in design reviews and coding peer reviews.
- Work with sensors and lower-level technologies like serial buses, Ethernet, and CAN.
- Integrate different sensor, actuator, and computing technologies into robotic systems.
- Document software using industry-standard best practices.
- Conform to company policies regarding confidentiality, software licensing, and export control restrictions.
Hourly wage range is based on education and experience.
Carnegie Robotics LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes applications from all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable laws and Carnegie Robotics’ employment policies.