Electrical Engineer – Automation and Electric/Hybrid Vehicles
Job Description (What this job is)
As a member of Carnegie Robotics you will join a multidisciplinary team of engineers who are tackling today’s most challenging problems in vision processing and automation. Spanning multiple industries including defense, materials management, energy, construction, agriculture, and sanitation, Carnegie Robotics applies its expertise in vision systems, automation, and robotics to solve problems faced by various market sectors. You will be working with the electronics that drive rugged, full robotic systems.
We are looking for an individual to lead the electrical design, development, and test of a hybrid skid steer multi ton unmanned ground vehicle. You will work with a multifunctional team of highly skilled mechanical engineers, software engineers, and engineering technicians to develop a vehicle that forges a new path in automotive innovation. If you are interested in unique design challenges and one of a kind projects, then this is the once-in-a-career opportunity you have been waiting for.
Application Process (How you’ll get here)
Roles and Responsibilities (What you’ll do)
- Design a hybrid electric power system for a (UGV) capable of delivering 7kW at 750 volts
- Develop and operate tests systems, such as a dynamometers
- Oversee the integration of sensors and systems for the automation of the vehicle
- Capture the details of the design and launching it for low rate production
- Provide engineering support to low rate production
- Act as electrical design lead, and partner with other engineers and technicians in a hands on environment
Qualifications (What We’re Looking For)
- A degree in Electrical Engineering or a closely related field.
- Strong technical skills in hybrid electric vehicle systems and circuit design
- Experience with engineering debug analysis using tools such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, power supplies, and signal generators.
- Experience with robotics and related areas, such as motors and motor drivers, mixed signal systems, sensor interfaces, power converters, embedded systems, etc. is preferred.
- Experience authoring design documentation: requirements documents, test specifications, technical memos, and hardware design specifications for fabrication and assembly.
- US Citizenship
Preferred but not required Qualifications (How you’ll stand out)
- 3+ years of experience
- Experience with CAD tools for creating cable harnessing, such as AutoCAD, SolidWorks, or Visio
- Experience with an EDA Altium Designer and Altium Concord Pro
- Working knowledge of at least one programming language
- Experience with ERP systems
Selected Benefits (What you’ll get)
- Relocation Assistance
- High-quality health/dental/vision insurance with a flexible spending plan or HAS
- Flexible schedule
- Premium pay (with additional compensation if you have to work 50 hours in a given week)
- 401k plan with employer match
- Free on-site parking
- Healthy lunch options provided during the work week
- Paid time off to compensate for company travel and enhance your personal life
- Parental leave of three weeks full pay for an employee
Carnegie Robotics LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes applications from all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable laws and Carnegie Robotics’ employment policies.