Carnegie Robotics builds custom robotics systems for government and industry. We also manufacture and sell rugged robotics components that allow other organizations to develop their own robots. We’re small enough to have many of the benefits of working for a startup, but we have a very broad customer base, making us more stable and recession-proof than most organizations our size. We are developing and deploying cutting edge technology in robotics, perception, and machine learning. Many of our development efforts go on to have a real-world impact in robots that clean floors, find land mines, enable the development efforts of other organizations, and much more. This is challenging, exciting work, and we are committed to building the company culture and diverse team that will allow our continued success.
Job Description (What this job is)
As a Buyer at Carnegie Robotics you will be an integral member of a dynamic Supply Chain team supporting Robotic engineering projects and production. The Buyer position is responsible not only for transactional procurement of materials, but also for solving complex sourcing and Supply Chain problems efficiently. The Buyer interacts daily with a talented group of Engineers, Technicians and Manufacturing team members to ensure quality while confirming delivery is timely and uninterrupted. The Buyer will help create sourcing strategies in line with company objectives to improve quality, reduce lead time and cost, and maintain strong supplier relationships.
Career opportunities and advancement could be: Technical Buyer, Senior Buyer, Category Manager and/or Strategic Sourcing Manager.
Application Process (How you’ll get here)
Roles and Responsibilities (What you’ll do)
- Create Purchase Orders and Manage Purchase Requisitions
- Maintain accurate purchase order data within the MRP system, as well as purchasing reports and metrics
- Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers, and review opportunities to make business savings
- Initiate communication with suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues by utilizing negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods, such as by taking advantage of increased volume leverage
- Expedite orders as needed
- Evaluate and explore alternate sources for goods and materials and assess quotations from potential suppliers
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and ensure timely and effective communication
Qualifications (What we’re looking for)
- Experience working in an MRP system, preferably in a technical or manufacturing environment
- Experience with workflow/ticketing software
- Ability to understand and interpret Engineering Drawings
- Knowledge of standard Payment Terms and INCOTERMS
Preferred but not required Qualifications (How you’ll stand out)
- 1-5 years’ experience in a Purchasing or Supply Chain Role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business, or Engineering
- Experience in Costpoint
- Experience with buying Electronics
- Experience with Jira
Selected Benefits (What you’ll get)
- Relocation Assistance
- High-quality health/dental/vision insurance with a flexible spending plan or HSA
- Flexible schedule
- Premium pay if required to work 50 hours in a given week
- 401k plan with employer match
- Paid time off to compensate for company travel
- Parental leave of three weeks full pay for an employee
Carnegie Robotics LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes applications from all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable laws and Carnegie Robotics’ employment policies.