Carnegie Robotics builds custom robotics systems for government and industry. We also manufacture and sell rugged robotics components that allow other organizations to develop their own robots. We’re small enough to have many of the benefits of working for a startup, but we have a very broad customer base, making us more stable and recession-proof than most organizations our size. We are developing and deploying cutting edge technology in robotics, perception, and machine learning. Many of our development efforts go on to have a real-world impact in robots that clean floors, find land mines, enable the development efforts of other organizations, and much more. This is challenging, exciting work, and we are committed to building the company culture and diverse team that will allow our continued success.
As a Cloud Engineer you will:
- Design, deploy and monitor infrastructure in public clouds (AWS, Azure) using Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Ansible)
- Propose, develop and support automation solutions for source code deployment and configuration management
- Develop internal and customer-facing cloud services (serverless and container-based) in Python, Go, and other languages
- Design storage solutions for mission-critical data in common databases (PostgreSQL) and cloud services (S3, DynamoDB, etc.)
- Work with development, product management, and customers to transition prototype or on-prem workloads to the cloud as needed
- Produce high-quality technical documentation such as RFCs, architectural documents and diagrams, API specifications, etc.
- Experience with at least one or more major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with Docker and one orchestration platform (Kubernetes, AWS ECS, Docker Swarm)
- Experience with Git, and strong skills with Python or Go
- Linux skills (comfortable with command line, bash, etc.)
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC), with Terraform experience and familiarity with Ansible (or equivalent, e.g., Chef, Puppet, SaltStack)
- Experience with CI / CD pipelines, and familiarity with at least one CI platform
- Relocation Assistance
- High-quality health/dental/vision insurance with a flexible spending plan or HAS
- Flexible schedule
- 24 paid holidays and 15 sick and vacation days
- Premium pay if required to work 50 hours in a given week
- 401k plan with employer match
- Free daily catered lunch
- Paid time off to compensate for company travel
Carnegie Robotics LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes applications from all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable laws and Carnegie Robotics’ employment policies.