Carnegie Robotics builds custom robotics systems for government and industry. We also manufacture and sell rugged robotics components that allow other organizations to develop their own robots. We’re small enough to have many of the benefits of working for a startup, but we have a very broad customer base, making us more stable and recession-proof than most organizations our size. We are developing and deploying cutting edge technology in robotics, perception, and machine learning. Many of our development efforts go on to have a real-world impact in robots that clean floors, find land mines, enable the development efforts of other organizations, and much more. This is challenging, exciting work, and we are committed to building the company culture and diverse team that will allow our continued success.
As a Configuration Manager, you will be collaborating with an energetic and motivated, multi-disciplinary team to develop reliable robotic and automation systems for a wide range of real-world commercial products and R&D applications. The Configuration Manager provides a critical service for coordinating engineering, purchasing, manufacturing, and quality. The Configuration Manager will work with this cross-discipline team to develop and maintain configuration management (CM) of both developmental and production systems. This role will focus on ensuring design package completeness, compliance to standards, and overall data integrity and traceability for both hardware and software components. The Configuration Manager will ensure all engineering drawings are consistent with the department guidelines for format and content. The Configuration Manager will orchestrate initial engineering release as well as subsequent engineering changes for all design packages.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Seven (7) years’ experience as a CM in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline from an accredited college or university is required or Four (4) years of additional configuration management experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Experience using configuration management tools to store, track, and manage configuration items
- Experience in performing configuration management duties for a volume manufacturer of complex electro-mechanical devices
- Implement hardware and software version control processes, policies and procedures
- Develop hardware and software version control processes, policies and procedures and ensure that they are followed on hardware and software development projects
- Assist in documenting hardware and software configuration management processes and procedures, as well as training
- CM Process Development
- Atlassian (Jira and Jira Workflows)
- Altium, Concord, Solidworks
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical drawings
- Familiar with the principles of software coding and development as well as software configuration management tools such as GiT
- Obsolescence management
- CAD Management
- Drafting skills
- Relocation Assistance
- High-quality health/dental/vision insurance with a flexible spending plan or HAS
- Flexible schedule
- Premium pay if required to work 50 hours in a given week
- 401k plan with employer match
- Paid time off to compensate for company travel
Carnegie Robotics LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes applications from all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable laws and Carnegie Robotics’ employment policies.