Desktop Support Technician
Carnegie Robotics builds custom robotics systems for government and industry. We also manufacture and sell rugged robotics components that allow other organizations to develop their own robots. We’re small enough to have many of the benefits of working for a startup, but we have a very broad customer base, making us more stable and recession-proof than most organizations our size. We are developing and deploying cutting edge technology in robotics, perception, and machine learning. Many of our development efforts go on to have a real-world impact in robots that clean floors, find land mines, enable the development efforts of other organizations, and much more. This is challenging, exciting work, and we are committed to building the company culture and diverse team that will allow our continued success.
We are looking for a competent Desktop Support Technician I or II to provide fast and useful technical assistance to our end users and hardware. You will answer questions on basic technical issue, as well as solve them.
Provide support of all computers and related I.T. equipment and ensure that employees have the appropriate tools to perform their job function. In addition, you will maintain these tools, and where necessary, repair with minimal user disruption. This is a hands-on position, and you will be interacting with employees face to face.
- Support end users via tickets, walk up and email
- Perform basic troubleshooting
- Manage AD user accounts
- Manage desktop/software assets
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services
- Install, move, add and change user desktops, laptops and tablets
- Install and configure various network connected equipment
- Ensure that work is carried out within agreed service levels and in accordance with department guidelines
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- MUST be extremely familiar with Linux and be able to install, configure and troubleshoot both Linux desktop and server (you will be asked to demonstrate your Linux capabilities during the interview)
- MUST be extremely familiar with Windows and be able to install, configure and troubleshoot Windows 10
- Proven experience as a help desk technician or other customer support
- Good understanding of computer systems, hardware, software, mobile devices and other tech products
- Strong familiarity with G-Suite, Zoom, Slack and other collaboration platforms
- Extensive knowledge of computer hardware
- Excellent communication skills
- U.S. Citizen
- Must be able to occasionally lift 50+ lbs
- *** JIRA Administration a plus ***
- Microsoft Windows AND Linux
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Hardware/Software Troubleshooting and installation
- Attention to Detail
- Inventory all I.T. equipment
- JIRA Administration a plus
- I.T. Security background a plus
- Carnegie Robotics offers a competitive benefits package including:
- High-quality health/dental/vision insurance with a flexible spending plan or HSA
- Free catered lunch!
- 401(k) plan with employer match.
- Fully paid days off that accrue and are yours to keep starting year one: 12 paid holidays and 15 sick and vacation days.
- Comp time for company travel
- Flexible schedule
Carnegie Robotics LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes applications from all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable laws and Carnegie Robotics’ employment policies.