Director of Defense Business Development
Carnegie Robotics is seeking a Director of Defense Business Development to capture and maintain DOD contracts. As the Director, you will leverage your knowledge and defense sector network to lead Carnegie Robotics in identifying, winning and maintaining DoD contracts.
You will provide market analysis, strategic business planning, and capture strategy/solution development, leading to the award of major programs. This position has direct responsibility for the development and implementation of core business strategy, strategic partnerships, and transactions as well as input over growth objectives.
Must have extensive knowledge of DoD programs and a proven track record of DoD contract awards and growth.
- Lead the contract capture process, from identification and qualification through proposal submission
- Seek and manage opportunities found on beta.SAM.gov and SBIR.gov along with potential OTAs to join and subcontracting contacts
- Build and expand relationships with the Military, DoD and DoD suppliers and Partners.
- Develop and execute innovative proposals and negotiation strategies that exceed customer expectations while achieving company financial objectives
- Collaborate with R&D and manufacturing to ensure the customer’s needs are addressed
- Secure new business by coordinating requirements, developing and negotiating contracts, and integrating contract requirements with business operations
- Propose opportunities and solutions to influence the company’s growth initiatives
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience leading Defense Acquisition Efforts from Pre-Milestone A to Full Rate Production
- Experience successfully bringing SBIR/STTR contracts through Phase II/Phase III awards
- Extensive experience in the DoD markets successfully defining, establishing and leading business development efforts
- Strong knowledge of Defense Acquisition Life Cycle including design, engineering, and manufacturing
- Thorough understanding of forecasting, investment strategy, standard estimating and budgeting practices, capture planning and proposal development
- 4 + years of active duty in Combat Arms with either the US Army or Marine Corps
- Experience in schedule-sensitive and change-intensive environments
- Experience developing Account Strategies
- Excellent communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university in business or related field
- Occasional travel will be required
Carnegie Robotics LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes applications from all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable laws and Carnegie Robotics’ employment policies.