Electrical Engineer Draftsman
Carnegie Robotics builds custom robotics systems for government and industry. We also manufacture and sell rugged robotics components that allow other organizations to develop their own robots. We’re small enough to have many of the benefits of working for a startup, but we have a very broad customer base, making us more stable and recession-proof than most organizations our size. We are developing and deploying cutting edge technology in robotics, perception, and machine learning. Many of our development efforts go on to have real-world impact in robots that find land mines, clean floors, enable the development efforts of other organizations, and much more. This is challenging, exciting work, and we are committed to building the company culture and diverse team that will allow our continued success.
As an Electrical Engineer Draftsman, you will join a multidisciplinary team of engineers who are tackling today’s most challenging problems in automation. Spanning multiple industries including defense, materials management, energy, agriculture, and sanitation, Carnegie Robotics applies its expertise in vision systems and robotics to solve problems faced by various market sectors. You will be designing the electronics that drive rugged, full robotic systems.
- Working with Senior Electrical Engineers to design and create printed circuit board assemblies (PCBAs), cable harnesses, and electrical systems for robotics and vision processing applications
- Capturing schematic symbols, component footprints, and component information in electrical design automation tools
- Drafting cable harnesses
- Capture schematics and performing layout based on input from Electrical Engineers
- Creating and maintaining templates for various CAD tools
- Overseeing the configuration management of CRL’s electronic design tools
- Documenting electrical systems, test fixtures, and proof-of-concept prototypes
- Managing component information and bills of materials within an ERP system
- An Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field
- Strong CAD skills
- Background in drafting for PCBAs and cable harness
- Experience with ERP systems
- Strong organizational and documentation skills.
- Working knowledge of at least one programming language is preferred.
Preferred but not required
- Experience with Altium Designer and Altium Concord Pro
- Experience with Solidworks Electrical
- Experience with Solidworks
- Experience with robotics and vision processing systems
- Relocation Assistance
- High-quality health/dental/vision insurance with a flexible spending plan or HAS
- Flexible schedule
- Premium pay if you have to work 50 hours in a given week
- 401k plan with employer match
- Free on-site parking
- Paid time off to compensate for company travel
Carnegie Robotics LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes applications from all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable laws and Carnegie Robotics’ employment policies.