Carnegie Robotics builds custom robotics systems for government and industry. We also manufacture and sell rugged robotics components that allow other organizations to develop their own robots. We’re small enough to have many of the benefits of working for a startup, but we have a very broad customer base, making us more stable and recession-proof than most organizations our size. We are developing and deploying cutting edge technology in robotics, perception, and machine learning. Many of our development efforts go on to have a real-world impact in robots that clean floors, find land mines, enable the development efforts of other organizations, and much more. This is challenging, exciting work, and we are committed to building the company culture and diverse team that will allow our continued success.
As an Engineering Technician, you will be responsible for assembling, testing, and troubleshooting various complex electromechanical products. You will work both independently and as part of a team to meet customer requirements and delivery dates. You will be required to problem solve, leveraging electrical and mechanical knowledge to solve technical challenges and strive to bring Carnegie Robotics’ product offerings to the highest level of quality, reliability, and value.
- Assemble, and test electromechanical prototype designs from first phase designs
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings & schematics (Solidworks, CAD, etc.)
- Troubleshoot electromechanical products
- Troubleshoot processes and test equipment
- Design and build test fixtures and assembly tooling
- Electrical assembly skills; IPC certified for soldering, cable/harness assembly
- Train production technicians on safety, quality, and process for new product designs
- Support all safety and quality initiatives including: 5S, ESD, FOD
- Support Process Improvements
- Perform other related duties as required
- Highly skilled as an electromechanical technician
- Excel within a cross-functional team environment
- Proactive and action-oriented; works the details as necessary
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced engineering/manufacturing environment
- Able to lift more than 40 lbs.
- Two-year technical degree or equivalent
- Experience with precision instrumentation and complex electromechanical systems preferred
Occasional travel for field support and testing may be required.
Reporting To: Engineering Technician Manager
Carnegie Robotics LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes applications from all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable laws and Carnegie Robotics’ employment policies.