Engineering Technician – Electrical
Carnegie Robotics builds custom robotics systems for government and industry. We also manufacture and sell rugged robotics components that allow other organizations to develop their own robots. We’re small enough to have many of the benefits of working for a startup, but we have a very broad customer base, making us more stable and recession-proof than most organizations our size. We are developing and deploying cutting edge technology in robotics, perception, and machine learning. Many of our development efforts go on to have a real-world impact in robots that clean floors, find land mines, enable the development efforts of other organizations, and much more. This is challenging, exciting work, and we are committed to building the company culture and diverse team that will allow our continued success.
As an Engineering Technician, you will be responsible for assembling, testing, and troubleshooting various complex electromechanical products. You will work both independently and as part of a team to meet customer requirements and delivery dates. You will be required to problem solve, leverage electrical and mechanical knowledge to address technical challenges, and strive to bring Carnegie Robotics’ product offerings to the highest level of quality, reliability, and value.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Assemble and test electromechanical systems
- Create prototype designs during product development
- Assist engineering in development of early phase systems
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings & schematics (Altium, EDA, Solidworks, CAD, etc.)
- Acquire certifications and trainings as deemed necessary
- Troubleshoot electromechanical products
- Troubleshoot processes and test equipment
- Design and build test fixtures and assembly tooling
- Identify and maintain tooling used for soldering and cable assembly
- Maintain Engineering inventory of electrical components
- Execute test plans using standard electrical test equipment (oscilloscope, bench top power supply, multimeter, etc)
- Train production technicians on safety, quality, and process for new product designs
- Support all safety and quality initiatives including: 5S, ESD, FOD
- Support Process Improvements
- Perform other related duties as required
- Experience with PCB rework & cable assembly
- IPC certified for soldering and PCB rework
- Knowledge of IPC standards for soldering, cable assembly, and PCB workmanship
- Documentation & CAD experience is preferred but not required
- Highly skilled as an electromechanical technician
- Excel within a cross-functional team environment
- Proactive and action-oriented; works the details as necessary
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced engineering/manufacturing environment
- Able to lift more than 40 lbs.
- Two-year technical degree or equivalent
- Experience with precision instrumentation and complex electromechanical systems preferred
Occasional travel for field support and testing may be required.
Engineering Technician Manager & Product Launch Manager
- Relocation Assistance
- High-quality health/dental/vision insurance with a flexible spending plan or HAS
- Flexible schedule
- Premium pay if required to work 50 hours in a given week
- 401k plan with employer match
- Paid time off to compensate for company travel
Carnegie Robotics LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes applications from all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable laws and Carnegie Robotics’ employment policies.