Carnegie Robotics builds custom robotics systems for government and industry. We also manufacture and sell rugged robotics components that allow other organizations to develop their own robots. We’re small enough to have many of the benefits of working for a startup, but we have a very broad customer base, making us more stable and recession-proof than most organizations our size. We are developing and deploying cutting edge technology in robotics, perception, and machine learning. Many of our development efforts go on to have a real-world impact in robots that clean floors, find land mines, enable the development efforts of other organizations, and much more. This is challenging, exciting work, and we are committed to building the company culture and diverse team that will allow our continued success.
Field Engineer/Technician Job Overview:
As a Field Engineer/Technican, you will be responsible for evaluating software/hardware functions and designing test protocols to ensure that products work as intended. You will also be responsible for completing all testing procedures, suggesting performance changes, and preparing performance reports for the development managers.
- Meeting with development managers to discuss software specifications and controls.
- Using the software/hardware as intended to analyze its functional properties.
- Designing manual and automated test procedures to evaluate each software product.
- Building, coding, and implementing software evaluation test programs.
- Running test programs to ensure that testing protocols evaluate the software/hardware correctly.
- Tweaking the software testing systems for maximum performance.
- Finalizing and documenting testing procedures.
- Completing final tests and creating test reports.
- Presenting test reports to management and suggesting software fixes.
- Responsible for transporting and testing robots/software to off-site locations
- Able to work outside of normal working hours
- Able to work outside in all elements (PPE will be provided)
- Able to troubleshoot problems
- Able to improvise issues discovered in the field
- Good note taking
- Assertive in finding and reporting issues
- Able to drive a full sized van
- Able to push or lift 40 pounds or load a vehicle or change a flat tire
- Mechanically Inclined
- Basic Electric knowledge
- Team oriented
- Good communication skills
- Basic Linux knowledge
- Relocation Assistance
- High-quality health/dental/vision insurance with a flexible spending plan or HAS
- Flexible schedule
- Premium pay if required to work 50 hours in a given week
- 401k plan with employer match
- Paid time off to compensate for company travel
Carnegie Robotics LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes applications from all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable laws and Carnegie Robotics’ employment policies.