Full-Stack Software Engineer
Carnegie Robotics is seeking creative, energetic, and driven Full-Stack Software Engineers with strong hands-on development skills to work on various exciting and challenging projects. This position provides the opportunity to join a team of talented veterans in the robotics field and program advanced data analysis systems for autonomous robots from the ground up. The ideal applicant for this position has brains, creativity, and a strong experience developing and testing software. We seek candidates who take pride in building solid, rigorously tested systems. Experience and interest in production-level coding and testing methods are a plus for this position.
*Due to the nature of this specific position and many of our government base projects, all applicants must be US Citizens to be considered*
- Create software for robotics components and systems, including algorithms, datastores, high-level C++, and user interfaces.
- Test software in system integration laboratories, simulation, and on fully-realized robots.
- Analyze system performance through the use of data logs and the creation of post-processing software and scripts.
- Work in the design space by writing use cases, software specifications, hold and participate in design reviews, and coding peer reviews.
- Document software using industry-standard best practices.
- Conform to company policies regarding confidentiality, software licensing, and export control restrictions.
- Familiarity with development in both Linux and Windows environments.
- Experience with version control systems such as Git.
- Working knowledge of software debugging and profiling tools.
- Excellent software engineering habits.
- Solid background in both SQL and NoSQL database modeling.
- Solid background in building clean interfaces for both native and web applications.
- Proficiency with QT/QML, best practices and commonly used modules
- Proficiency with SQL and NoSQL systems
- Proficiency in C++, ideally C++11/14
- $90,000.00 to $150,000.00 /year
- Carnegie Robotics offers a competitive benefits package including:
- High-quality health/dental/vision insurance with a flexible spending plan or HSA
- Free catered lunch!
- 401(k) plan with employer match.
- Fully paid days off that accrue and are yours to keep starting year one: 12 paid holidays and 15 sick and vacation days.
- Comp time for company travel
- Flexible schedule
Carnegie Robotics LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes applications from all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable laws and Carnegie Robotics’ employment policies.