2022 Manufacturing Engineer Internship/Co-Op
Carnegie Robotics seeks outstanding students for our internships and co-ops. We view internships as excellent opportunities for us to learn about future potential full-time hires while also contributing to students’ education and their understanding of work practices in an engineering setting. Many of our interns return annually and take on ever more challenging tasks. Please note that this is a full time position.
We accept college junior, senior, masters and PhD level students. In all cases we expect to see excellent grades, work ethic and a strong desire to accomplish goals. We pay well and will push you well beyond your comfort zone.
Job Description (What this job is)
- Collaborate with technicians and engineers to aid in establishing the production processes by which products are manufactured to CRL standards to meet customer requirements
- Use the manufacturing software package Visual Factory to develop and implement clear, complete, and accurate work instructions for engineering and manufacturing purposes
Application Process (How you’ll get here)
Roles and Responsibilities (What you’ll do)
- Create and edit work instructions, ensuring an accurate documented process in a fast-paced changing environment
- Work directly with multiple technicians, ensuring clarity and consistency of the visual and written instructions
- Identify process inefficiencies through process observation, data analytics, and review with assembly technicians; proposing and implementing Lean principles
Qualifications (What We’re Looking For)
- Engineering major
- GPA – 3.0 or higher
- Experience Level – Sophomore or higher
- Ability to problem solve, collaboratively and autonomously to identify and assist with continuous improvement
Preferred but not required Qualifications (How you’ll stand out)
- Ability to work cross functionally in teams
- Maintain focus during constant transition.
- Maintain high standards of excellence through accuracy, thoroughness and timeliness.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner in which you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management
Selected Benefits (What you’ll get)
- Real world manufacturing engineering experience where you have been held to the same standards expected of an entry level engineer.
- A meaningful experience to add to your resume; CRL does not task interns with menial work that does not “move the needle”. We look to hire interns that will help add real value to our systems, processes, products, and people,
- Potential for full time employment by being converted from an intern to full time employees.
Carnegie Robotics LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes applications from all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable laws and Carnegie Robotics’ employment policies.