Manufacturing Engineer Internship
Carnegie Robotics, LLC (CRL) is a leading provider of advanced robotics sensors and platforms for defense, agriculture, mining, infrastructure, energy, and other applications. CRL designs, manufactures, and supports highly reliable robotics systems and components. Customers rely on our rugged line of 3D cameras, positioning systems, and embedded computers to tackle tough computer vision problems and to serve as the key building blocks for their mobile robotics solutions. OEMs partner with us to develop and deliver custom sensors and robotic platforms that provide dramatic new capability and differentiation to their product lines.
Carnegie Robotics seeks outstanding students for our internships and co-ops. We view internships as excellent opportunities for us to learn about future potential full-time hires while also contributing to students’ education and their understanding of work practices in an engineering setting. Many of our interns return annually and take on ever more challenging tasks.
We accept college sophomores, juniors, seniors, masters, and Ph.D. level interns. In all cases, we expect to see excellent grades, work ethic, and a strong desire to accomplish goals. We pay well and will push you well beyond your comfort zone.
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Collaborate with technicians and engineers to facilitate the production process.
- Assist in the development and implementation of clear, complete, and accurate work instructions for engineering and manufacturing purposes.
- Create and edit work instructions to result in an accurate, documented process while in a changing and fast pace environment.
- Work with technicians directly, taking photos of the process, and ensuring clarity of instructions.
- Engineering major
- GPA – 3.0
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to:
- Work cross-functionally in teams.
- Maintain focus during the constant transition.
- Maintain high standards of excellence through accuracy, thoroughness, and timeliness.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
Carnegie Robotics LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes applications from all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable laws and Carnegie Robotics’ employment policies.