Manufacturing Test Engineer
Carnegie Robotics builds custom robotics systems for government and industry. We also manufacture and sell rugged robotics components that allow other organizations to develop their own robots. We’re small enough to have many of the benefits of working for a startup, but we have a very broad customer base, making us more stable and recession-proof than most organizations our size. We are developing and deploying cutting edge technology in robotics, perception, and machine learning. Many of our development efforts go on to have a real-world impact in robots that clean floors, find land mines, enable the development efforts of other organizations, and much more. This is challenging, exciting work, and we are committed to building the company culture and diverse team that will allow our continued success.
Position is responsible for analyzing product performance and requirements and designing test processes and/or equipment as necessary to ensure the highest possible quality of the product is delivered to CRL customers. Working independently and as a team with a common goal to meet customer requirements and delivery dates. In addition, this position will be required to problem solve, applying electrical and mechanical knowledge to solve technical challenges and strive to bring CRL’s product offerings to the highest level of quality, reliability, and value.
- Analyze products and processes to develop test procedures & design test equipment to improve the quality and performance of CRL customer deliverables
- Ability to define clear goals for all aspects of a product test, develop steps for their proper execution, and provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions including time and scope required
- Work collaboratively with Engineering, Production, and Quality groups to develop test procedures and requirements
- Work with differing stages of products; from rapid prototype to high volume production
- Troubleshoot electromechanical products; from full assemblies to component level
- Troubleshoot processes and maintain test equipment
- Train colleagues on testing procedures, ensuring safety, quality, and ESD standards are maintained
- 2 year+ Experience in hardware and software development to support product testing
- Systematic problem solver, proactive and action-oriented, enjoys working the fine details
- Excel within a cross-functional team environment, while maintaining a customer-driven focus
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced engineering/manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or the physical sciences
- Experience with precision instrumentation and complex electromechanical systems preferred
- Relocation Assistance
- High-quality health/dental/vision insurance with a flexible spending plan or HAS
- Flexible schedule
- Premium pay if you have to work 50 hours in a given week
- 401k plan with employer match
- Free on-site parking
- Paid time off to compensate for company travel
Occasional travel for field support and testing may be required.
Reporting To: Product Launch Manager
Carnegie Robotics LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes applications from all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable laws and Carnegie Robotics’ employment policies.