Mechanical Engineer Internship
Carnegie Robotics seeks outstanding students for our internships and co-ops. We view internships as excellent opportunities for us to learn about future potential full-time hires while also contributing to students’ education and their understanding of work practices in an engineering setting. Many of our interns return annually and take on ever more challenging tasks.
We accept college sophomore, junior, senior, masters, and Ph.D. level students. In all cases, we expect to see excellent grades, work ethic, and a strong desire to accomplish goals. We pay well and will push you well beyond your comfort zone.
Mechanical Engineering Interns will be treated as junior engineers on development teams and will assist and work on the following aspects of development projects:
- Conduct ground-up design of production tooling emphasizing speed and ease-of-use
- Conduct thermal, shock, vibration, and optical testing on new designs and recommend redesign based on test results
- Test off-the-shelf components (adhesives, thermal interface materials, optical filters, etc) for performance, and present test results to staff engineers and customers
- Design internal camera components for manufacturability and functionality
- Conceptualize new product designs
- Perform stress analysis and thermal analysis on new designs
- Provide staff engineers with feedback on designs during internal design reviews
- Participate in customer-facing design reviews
- Redesign current components for a new design goal, e.g. strong and lightweight, or high thermal stability, or repeatability of installation
- Perform statistical analysis to assess whether tolerance stack-ups are acceptable.
Carnegie Robotics LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes applications from all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable laws and Carnegie Robotics’ employment policies.