Carnegie Robotics builds custom robotics systems for government and industry. We also manufacture and sell rugged robotics components that allow other organizations to develop their own robots. We’re small enough to have many of the benefits of working for a startup, but we have a very broad customer base, making us more stable and recession-proof than most organizations our size. We are developing and deploying cutting edge technology in robotics, perception, and machine learning. Many of our development efforts go on to have a real-world impact in robots that clean floors, find land mines, enable the development efforts of other organizations, and much more. This is challenging, exciting work, and we are committed to building the company culture and diverse team that will allow our continued success.
You will be responsible for all aspects of the design process, from concept through qualification testing and production in the support of the most advanced robotic systems. You will work amongst a proven team of technical experts to support programs from concept to production. Engineers must be self-motivated and possess a high level of technical curiosity to elevate the quality and ingenuity of our products.
- Develop prints to optimize tolerances and recommend changes to enhance quality and reduce cost
- Design tooling and fixtures for both verification and manufacturing
- Develop test plans and procedures
- Conduct rigorous environmental testing (thermal, vibration, humidity)
- Procure and assemble prototype hardware
- Provide technical support on the manufacturing floor
- Mechanical Engineering Degree (Masters Preferred)
- Proven knowledge of SolidWorks
- Experience in drawing creation including GD&T
- Strong background in the design of small or precision mechanical components.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes including machining and casting
- Analytical calculations including closed form solutions and finite element analysis
- Familiarity with change control processes
- Demonstrated DFMA experience
- Relocation Assistance
- High-quality health/dental/vision insurance with a flexible spending plan or HAS
- Flexible schedule
- Premium pay if required to work 50 hours in a given week
- 401k plan with employer match
- Paid time off to compensate for company travel
Carnegie Robotics LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes applications from all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable laws and Carnegie Robotics’ employment policies.