Quality Technician III
Carnegie Robotics builds custom robotics systems for government and industry. We also manufacture and sell rugged robotics components that allow other organizations to develop their own robots. We’re small enough to have many of the benefits of working for a startup, but we have a very broad customer base, making us more stable and recession-proof than most organizations our size. We are developing and deploying cutting edge technology in robotics, perception, and machine learning. Many of our development efforts go on to have a real-world impact in robots that clean floors, find land mines, enable the development efforts of other organizations, and much more. This is challenging, exciting work, and we are committed to building the company culture and diverse team that will allow our continued success.
As a Senior Quality Technician you will perform visual, mechanical and electrical inspections on incoming material / products and validate incoming product documentation. You will help lead the quality engineering efforts in the development of inspection requirements and collaborate with technicians and engineers to facilitate the production process. You will ensure that material and products meet defined product specifications and standards and record results of inspection with the business system. Attention to detail is a must have for this position.
- Performs sample inspection and measurement of incoming parts.
- Processes non-conforming material for testing or disposition.
- Perform first article inspection of new parts and/or parts from new suppliers.
- Complete and write–up internal audits.
- Interpret engineering prints and schematics.
- Support all safety and quality initiatives including: 5S, ESD, FOD, ISO.
- Assists in the Material Review Board process. Maintain information systems.
- Perform other related duties as required by management.
- Reviews, analyzes and reports on quality discrepancies and CRL quality goals.
- Exhibits the highest ethical behavior.
- Highly organized, required to maintain focus during constant transition.
- Maintain high standards of excellence through accuracy, rigor, and timeliness.
- Excel within a cross functional team environment.
- Proactive and action oriented; works the details as necessary.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and ability to multi task in a fast paced engineering/manufacturing environment.
- Customer focused.
- Able to lift more than 40 lbs.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data.
- Four year technical degree preferred, two year technical degree required.
- 5+ years’ experience in a Lean Manufacturing and or quality engineering environment.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Experience with precision instrumentation and complex electromechanical systems preferred.
- Relocation Assistance
- High-quality health/dental/vision insurance with a flexible spending plan or HAS
- Flexible schedule
- Premium pay if required to work 50 hours in a given week
- 401k plan with employer match
- Paid time off to compensate for company travel
Carnegie Robotics LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes applications from all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable laws and Carnegie Robotics’ employment policies.