Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Carnegie Robotics builds custom robotics systems for government and industry. We also manufacture and sell rugged robotics components that allow other organizations to develop their own robots. We’re small enough to have many of the benefits of working for a startup, but we have a very broad customer base, making us more stable and recession-proof than most organizations our size. We are developing and deploying cutting edge technology in robotics, perception, and machine learning. Many of our development efforts go on to have real-world impact in robots that find land mines, clean floors, enable the development efforts of other organizations, and much more. This is challenging, exciting work, and we are committed to building the company culture and diverse team that will allow our continued success.
As a Senior Manufacturing Engineer at CRL, you will drive process improvement projects that will involve cross-functional collaboration with Quality, Production, Engineering, and Supply Chain. These projects will help to improve quality and reduce product waste in assembly processes. You will help to lead and mentor a team of Manufacturing Engineers in an effort to continually problem solve and support a fast-paced product development environment. The goal of each new and improved process is to achieve long term Production success by implementing solutions that have a detailed and robust nature. The Senior Manufacturing Engineer will gain knowledge from the Production environment to eventually identify weaknesses in the process from financial, efficiency, and quality standpoints. Further, the Senior Manufacturing Engineer will correct, document, and retrain employees on process improvements and best practices.
You will be expected to:
- Act as project leader on large scale, complex manufacturing projects to ensure manufacturing success; including single piece flow work cell creation from ground zero to complex assembly tooling creation
- Inspire and promote lean six sigma practices where possible
- Analyze current production systems for opportunities to automate where possible and promote automation in newly created processes
- Work with technicians, engineers, and quality team to develop and update process documentation, ensure clarity of instructions and gaining and understanding of the process.
- Troubleshoot processes and test equipment
- Communicate with Production team on deliverable updates (internal & external); quality issues, schedule delays, etc.
- Interpret engineering prints and schematics
- Train production employees on safety, quality, and processes
- Support all safety and quality initiatives including: 5S, ESD, FOD
- Root cause analysis
- Highly organized, required to maintain focus during constant transition
- Maintain high standards of excellence through accuracy, rigor, and timeliness.
- Excel within a cross functional team environment
- Proactive and action oriented; works the details as necessary
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and ability to multi task in a fast paced engineering/manufacturing environment.
- Customer focused
- Able to lift more than 40 lbs.
- Four year technical degree preferred, two year technical degree required
- 5 years’ experience in a Lean Manufacturing environment
- Experience with precision instrumentation and complex electromechanical systems preferred.
Occasional travel for training or field support may be required.
Reporting to: Product Launch Manager
Carnegie Robotics LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes applications from all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable laws and Carnegie Robotics’ employment policies.