Senior Quality Engineer
Carnegie Robotics, LLC (CRL) is a leading provider of advanced robotics sensors and platforms for defense, agriculture, mining, infrastructure, energy, and other applications. CRL designs, manufactures, and supports highly reliable robotics systems and components. Customers rely on our rugged line of 3D cameras, positioning systems, and embedded computers to tackle tough computer vision problems and to serve as the key building blocks for their mobile robotics solutions. OEMs partner with us to develop and deliver custom sensors and robotic platforms that provide dramatic new capability and differentiation to their product lines.
Reporting to the Chief Manufacturing office this position will lead all quality activities within manufacturing and interface with both internal and external customers to ensure the highest quality products and services. Responsible for ensuring that the products produced or purchased meet CRL quality standards, minimizing cost, and maximizing customer satisfaction whilst ensuring that procedures and processes are adhered to.
- Leads a team of Quality Engineers and Technicians.
- Responsible for identifying quality issues and facilitating their expedient resolution so as to reduce or mitigate customer impact.
- Support new product introduction, reviewing designs and documentation for robustness and ease of manufacturing, ensuring quality standards are considered and met.
- Developing receiving and in-process test/inspection plans.
- Evaluate (root-cause analysis) in-process and field failures using globally recognized techniques to report findings and facility corrective actions.
- Coordinate internal audits in support of 3rd party certification and continuous improvement.
- Host 3rd party and customer audits and drives resolutions to issues raised during such audits.
- Lead supplier audits performed to recognized standards and ensures follow up/resolution to issues raised.
- Work with technicians, engineers, and the manufacturing team to develop and update process documentation, ensure clarity of instructions, and gaining an understanding of the process.
- Communicate with manufacturing team on deliverable updates (internal & external); quality issues, etc.
- Interpret engineering prints and schematics.
- Train production employees on safety and quality processes.
- Support all safety and quality initiatives including: 5S, ESD, FOD.
- Initiate Process Improvements.
- Show initiative in improving processes and culture in a fast-paced open environment
- “Hands-On”, self-motivated and driven, able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Highly organized and an ability to maintain focus during the constant transition.
- Maintain high standards of excellence through accuracy, rigor, and timeliness.
- Excel within a cross-functional team environment.
- Proactive and action-oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Customer Focused and “Team Player”.
- Displays the highest level of ethics.
- A four (4) year degree in Engineering (or equivalent).
- Five (5) years’ experience in a Lean Manufacturing environment
- Experience with mechanical and or complex electronic systems preferred.
This position requires up to 10% travel both domestic and international
Reporting To: Chief Manufacturing Officer
- Relocation Assistance
- High-quality health/dental/vision insurance with a flexible spending plan or HAS
- Flexible schedule
- Premium pay if required to work 50 hours in a given week
- 401k plan with employer match
- Paid time off to compensate for company travel
Carnegie Robotics LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes applications from all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable laws and Carnegie Robotics’ employment policies.