Carnegie Robotics builds custom robotics systems for government and industry. We also manufacture and sell rugged robotics components that allow other organizations to develop their own robots. We’re small enough to have many of the benefits of working for a startup, but we have a very broad customer base, making us more stable and recession-proof than most organizations our size. We are developing and deploying cutting edge technology in robotics, perception, and machine learning. Many of our development efforts go on to have a real-world impact in robots that clean floors, find land mines, enable the development efforts of other organizations, and much more. This is challenging, exciting work, and we are committed to building the company culture and diverse team that will allow our continued success.
We are seeking creative, energetic, and driven Software Engineers with strong hands-on development skills to work on a variety of interesting and challenging robotics perception and control projects. This position provides the opportunity to join a team of talented veterans in the robotics field and program advanced sensors and autonomous robots from the ground up. The ideal applicant for this position has brains, creativity, and a strong experience developing and testing software for robotics and/or sensing applications. We seek candidates who take pride in building solid, rigorously tested systems. Experience and interest in production-level coding and testing methods are required.
We seek experienced and Senior Software Engineer candidates with:
- Strong C++ development skills.
- Excellent software engineering habits.
- Familiarity with development in Linux-based environments.
- Experience with version control systems such as Subversion and Mercurial.
- Working knowledge of software debugging and profiling tools.
- Solid background in data structures and algorithms.
Ideal candidates will have seen robotics and sensing challenges before and have:
- Experience with complex robotic applications including perception and planning;
- Experience with embedded systems and real-time operating systems; and
- Strong math skills and familiarity with linear algebra
- Relocation Assistance
- High-quality health/dental/vision insurance with a flexible spending plan or HAS
- Flexible schedule
- Premium pay if you have to work 50 hours in a given week
- 401k plan with employer match
- Paid time off to compensate for company travel
Carnegie Robotics LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes applications from all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable laws and Carnegie Robotics’ employment policies.