Carnegie Robotics builds custom robotics systems for government and industry. We also manufacture and sell rugged robotics components that allow other organizations to develop their own robots. We’re small enough to have many of the benefits of working for a startup, but we have a very broad customer base, making us more stable and recession-proof than most organizations our size. We are developing and deploying cutting edge technology in robotics, perception, and machine learning. Many of our development efforts go on to have a real-world impact in robots that clean floors, find land mines, enable the development efforts of other organizations, and much more. This is challenging, exciting work, and we are committed to building the company culture and diverse team that will allow our continued success.
Carnegie Robotics is seeking creative, energetic and driven Software Engineers with strong hands-on development skills to work on a variety of interesting and challenging robotics perception and control projects. This position provides the opportunity to join a team of talented veterans in the robotics field and program advanced sensors and autonomous robots from the ground up. The ideal applicant for this position has brains, creativity, and strong experience developing and testing software for robotics and/or sensing applications. We seek candidates who take pride in building solid, rigorously tested systems. Experience and interest in production-level coding and testing methods is a plus for this position.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Create software for robotics components and systems, including algorithms, high-level C++, lower-level C code, and user interfaces.
- Test software in system integration laboratories, simulation, and on fully-realized robots.
- Analyze system performance through the use of data logs and the creation of post-processing software and scripts.
- Work in the design space by writing use cases, software specifications, hold and participate in design reviews and coding peer reviews.
- Work with sensors and lower-level technologies like serial buses, Ethernet, and CAN.
- Integrate different sensor, actuator, and computing technologies into robotic systems.
- Document software using industry-standard best practices.
- Conform to company policies regarding confidentiality, software licensing, and export control restrictions.
- Excellent software engineering habits.
- Familiarity with development in Linux-based environments.
- Experience with version control systems such as Git and Mercurial.
- Working knowledge of software debugging and profiling tools.
- Solid background in data structures and algorithms
- Experience with complex robotic applications including perception and planning;
- Experience with embedded systems and real-time operating systems; and
- Strong math skills and familiarity with linear algebra
- Preferred Languages C,C++, Python
$90,000.00 to $150,000.00 /year
Benefits and Perks
Carnegie Robotics offers a competitive benefits package including:
- High quality health/dental/vision insurance with flexible spending plan or HSA
- 401(k) plan with employer match.
- Fully paid days off that accrue and are yours to keep starting year one: 12 paid holidays and 15 sick and vacation days.
- Comp time for company travel
- Flexible schedule
On your resume please include a link to a publicly available code sample!
Carnegie Robotics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes applications from all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable laws and Carnegie Robotics’ employment policies.