Technical Program Manager – Military
As the Technical Program Manager – Military, you will lead a multifaceted team to execute government contracts by fulfilling project expectations and requirements – from concept creation, execution, and maintenance. CR Tactical is a leading provider of advanced sensors, software, and robotics platforms to the Department of Defense, specializing in the transition of emerging robotics technology from research and development for military applications. The design, manufacturing, and support of highly reliable systems and components help increase combat capabilities, reliability, and safety.
You will be responsible for growing CR Tactical’s portfolio by moving projects from proposals and planning to execution while managing the hands-on technical development of products, contractual obligations and diligently supporting and contributing to engineering work and design. The position requires a unique skill set involving systems engineering knowledge and experience, risk, requirements, and program management, as well as customer-facing coordination. In this role, you will be leading and collaborating with an energetic and motivated multi-disciplinary team that includes Software, Mechanical, and Electrical Engineers to develop, produce, and support systems to fulfill military contracts. Further, you are responsible for communicating updates, issues, and overall progress to invested military partners.
Through the application and interview process, we are searching for the best candidate to possess and demonstrate the following engineering and managerial qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a closely related discipline. Graduate thesis research and work is highly recommended and preferred
- Prior military experience is highly recommended and preferred
- Explicit recent experience as an individual contributor to an engineering project, with the capability of identifying personal contributions to the design process
- Ability to understand and articulate system-level requirements, from development, decomposition through validation
- Technical and intellectual curiosity and ability to create cost-effective and time-efficient solutions to difficult and complex problems, and resourcefulness in utilizing nontraditional approaches
- Possess an ability to proactively search for potential technical, logistical, and communication issues before they arise and an arsenal of proven methodologies for mitigating each in a time-effective manner.
- A strong desire and intrinsic motivation to create and design products that meet the highest standards of quality and meet the standards of CR Tactical
- Knowledge of the federal procurement and testing processes for technical materials and components
- Experience winning, negotiating, and managing complex contractual agreements, specifically with the government and military branches, through an understanding of different and overlapping regulations and legal requirements
- Experience operating within a set budget, such as managing team hours or parts acquisition timeline
- Ability to grow revenue streams by identifying opportunities where CR Tactical can provide solutions and value to our government customers
Reporting to: Chief Scientist
- Relocation Assistance
- High-quality health/dental/vision insurance with a flexible spending plan or HAS
- Flexible schedule
- Premium pay if required to work 50 hours in a given week
- 401k plan with employer match
- Paid time off to compensate for company travel
Carnegie Robotics LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes applications from all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable laws and Carnegie Robotics’ employment policies.