Carnegie Robotics is seeking creative, energetic and driven Electrical Engineers with strong hands-on product development skills to work on a variety of interesting and challenging robotic perception and control projects. This position provides the opportunity to join a team of talented veterans in the robotics field and to design advanced sensors and autonomous robots from the ground up. The ideal applicant for this position has brains, creativity, and strong experience developing robotic components and sub-systems. We seek candidates who take pride in building solid, rigorously tested systems.
Carnegie Robotics offers a very competitive benefits package. Due to the nature of some of our work, all applicants must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents to be considered.
We seek entry-level, experienced, and Senior Electrical Engineer candidates with:
- Product design background, including design work that integrates mechanisms and electronics.
- Experience working with Software and Mechanical Engineers to design, develop, and test products.
- Strong command of schematic capture and layout CAD tools (Altium is preferred).
- Demonstrated experience with circuit design; specifically in the areas of DC-DC converters, motor drivers, transceivers, embedded microcontrollers, bus protocols (such as RS232, SPI, I2C, CAN, Ethernet) and optimizing for battery powered systems.
- Experience authoring design documentation: concept of operations, requirements, and hardware design specification.
- Experience with multi-layer PCB design – split planes, signal integrity analysis, controlled impedance, stack-up definition, component library generation. Understanding of ground loops and mitigation strategies.
- Solid background in engineering debug analysis including the use of oscilloscopes, multi-meters, power supplies, and signal generators.
- Experience performing COTS trade studies and make-versus-buy decisions.
- Experience with vendor management; purchasing, RFQ’s, PCB fabrication/assembly services.
Ideal candidates will have seen robotics challenges before and will additionally have:
- Experience with IC package thermal design & analysis.
- 3+ years of active FPGA design experience including verification, pin selection, synthesis, timing analysis, FPGA device selection, including supporting hardware infrastructure for FPGA devices.
- Experience with BOM management and releasing products to a production group.
- Working knowledge of at least one programming language.
- Experience in production-level designing and testing methods.
Please apply via indeed at the following link: http://carnegierobotics.applytojob.com/apply/job_20161219164830_TBSANGUMNAHCLZJQ/Electrical-Engineer?source=INDE
Please be prepared to include the following materials:
- Short statement as to why you think you have what is needed for this position.
- A work sample or design portfolio.
- Two current references (including email, phone and basis for reference). We will contact your references and verify that you have the drive, attitude and skills to succeed as an Electrical Engineer in our environment.
Carnegie Robotics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes applications from all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable laws and Carnegie Robotics’ employment policies.