We are looking for creative, energetic Electrical Engineers with great product development skills to work on a variety of interesting and challenging robotic perception and control projects. In this position, you will join a team of robotics experts to work with advanced sensors and autonomous robots from the ground up. We’re looking for great engineers who love their work and take pride in building solid, rigorously tested systems. Positions are open for entry-level, experienced, and senior electrical engineers.
- A degree in Electrical Engineering or a closely related field (required).
- Strong technical skills in circuit design and PCB layout (required). Altium experience is preferred, but not required.
- A positive attitude and great problem-solving skills (required).
- Solid background in engineering debug analysis including the use of oscilloscopes, multimeters, power supplies, and signal generators (required).
- Experience designing for rugged environmental specifications, including thermal and EMI/EMC (preferred).
- Experience with robotics and related areas, such as sensor interfaces, DC-DC converters, motor drivers, transceivers, embedded microcontrollers, bus protocols (such as RS232, SPI, I2C, CAN, Ethernet) and optimizing for battery powered systems (preferred).
- Experience authoring design documentation: concept of operations, requirements, and hardware design specifications (preferred).
- Experience with multi-layer PCB design – split planes, signal integrity analysis, controlled impedance, stack-up definition, component library generation. Understanding of ground loops and mitigation strategies (preferred),
- Experience with vendor management; purchasing, RFQ’s, PCB fabrication/assembly services (preferred).
- Experience with BOM management and releasing products to a production group (preferred)
- Working knowledge of at least one programming language (preferred)
Please apply via indeed at the following link: http://carnegierobotics.applytojob.com/apply/job_20161219164830_TBSANGUMNAHCLZJQ/Electrical-Engineer?source=INDE
Please be prepared to include the following materials:
- Short statement as to why you think you have what is needed for this position.
- A work sample or design portfolio.
- Two current references (including email, phone and basis for reference). We will contact your references and verify that you have the drive, attitude and skills to succeed as an Electrical Engineer in our environment.
Carnegie Robotics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes applications from all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable laws and Carnegie Robotics’ employment policies.