Manufacturing Engineering Manager
About Carnegie Robotics
Carnegie Robotics, LLC (CRL) is a leading provider of advanced robotics sensors and platforms for defense, agriculture, mining, infrastructure and energy applications. As Carnegie Robotics continues to grow we are looking for great people who can help take us to the next level of excellence.
Reporting to the VP of Manufacturing, you will play a critical role in building and leading a world class manufacturing team. You will lead the development of processes and people that support the production of the high technology components and systems that CRL supplies its military and commercial customers. If you are a self-starter, driven to develop your technical and leadership skills and strive for the economic benefits that result from hard work in a high-growth environment, you should target this opportunity.
As the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, you will apply Lean Manufacturing strategies to create processes, tools, procedures, and culture that help bring CRL's product offerings to new levels of quality, reliability and value.
This Role Will Lead
- New Product Launch
- Track Manufacturing Inputs- Technical Data Package, BOMs, Acceptance Test Procedures, ECNs
- Process Design
- Process Failure Modes Effects Analysis (PFMEA)
- Error Proofing- Poke Yoke, Judoka, ESD and FOD Preventive Actions
- Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DFMA)
- Development of production documents as part of a cross functional team including: Manufacturing Orders, Work Instructions, Checklists, Control Plans
- Troubleshooting products and processes
- Corrective Action Preventive Actions (CAPA)
- Continuous improvement (Kaizen) activities- SQCDM
- The training of production employees on new products, processes, and equipment
- The documentation and maintenance of Manufacturing ISO 9001 processes
Required Skills and Abilities
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated to grow and develop as a manufacturing and operations leader.
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Lead people with emotional intelligence, positive attitude, and organizational loyalty and to give and receive feedback, consult appropriately, and make independent decisions.
- Apply superior supervisory skills to collectively problem solve and to diplomatically and successfully manage crucial conversations and situations.
- Prioritize, work on various projects simultaneously, and manage many interruptions throughout the day in a fast paced engineering/manufacturing environment.
- Influence product design towards lower cost and improved manufacturability and quality.
- Can clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas to individuals/groups in a variety of situations; communicating in a focused and compelling way that helps them understand, retain and engage.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or engineering technology.
- Due to the nature of some of our work, all applicants must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents to be considered
- Experience with precision instrumentation and/or complex electromechanical systems (preferred).
Apply using this web based tool. Please be prepared to include a resume and a short statement as to why you think you have what is needed for this position.
Carnegie Robotics offers a very competitive benefits package.
Carnegie Robotics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes applications from all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable laws and Carnegie Robotics’ employment policies.