We are searching for a Production Supervisor who will be responsible for leading the production technician team. This position will be responsible for meeting quality requirements and on time delivery goals. In addition this position will be required to train and lead team members, develop work instructions, and strive to bring Carnegie Robotics' product offerings to the highest level of quality, reliability and value.
- Supervise and coach production personnel (8-12 individuals) in multiple assembly areas; optics assembly and calibration, electro-mechanical assembly, software to PCB commissioning, cable/harness assembly, robotic system assembly.
- Assign personnel to work centers and jobs according to their pre-requisite training, and job priority.
- Ensure personnel uphold company policy in matters including, but not limited to work schedule, quality standards, safety, ESD practice, workmanship, and interpersonal communications.
- Troubleshoot small electromechanical products as part of a cross functional team including Quality and Engineering personnel.
- Troubleshoot processes and test equipment.
- Monitor performance of team through reports including; first time yield, on time delivery, etc.
- Lead daily team meeting on Quality, Cost, Delivery, Morale, Safety.
- Communicate with Production team on deliverable updates (internal & external); quality issues, schedule delays, etc.
- Interpret engineering prints and schematics.
- Interpret and develop production documents: Work Instructions, Checklist.
- Train production employees on safety, quality, and processes.
- Support all safety and quality initiatives including: 5S, ESD, FOD.
- Support Process Improvements
- Perform other related duties as required
- Highly organized, required to manage multiple projects at once
- Excel within a cross functional team environment
- Proactive and action oriented; works the details as necessary
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and ability to multi task in a fast paced engineering/manufacturing environment.
- Customer focused
- Ability to motivate and influence a team
- ERP system experience
- Facilitation and conflict management skill
- Able to lift more than 40 lbs.
- Four year technical degree preferred, two year technical degree required
- 5 years’ experience in a Lean Manufacturing environment
- 2 years’ experience as a Supervisor
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Experience with precision instrumentation and complex electromechanical systems preferred.
Occasional travel for training or field support may be required.
Reporting to: Manufacturing Engineer Manager
Carnegie Robotics LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes applications from all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable laws and Carnegie Robotics’ employment policies.