Carnegie Robotics is seeking an experienced quality professional who has the knack to solve problems and address challenges in a rigorous yet creative manner. Our electromechanical systems and sensors include state of art electronics and software so relevant quality experience in these domains is desired.
The Quality Manager is accountable for the strategic and operational performance of Carnegie Robotics’ Quality department, ensuring the successful delivery of business strategy and operational goals to exceed customer expectations for product quality, cost and delivery, while facilitating continuous improvement and achieving commercial success. The primary aspects of the job are to:
- Develop, implement, manage and integrate the QMS to maintain Quality System certifications (ISO 9001).
- Lead the Quality function including Supplier Quality, In-Process Quality, Product Testing, Final Inspection and Customer Service. Develop the Quality team structure.
- Ensure that quality strategies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of cost, quality and delivery targets.
- Ensure customer quality issues and non-conformances are resolved in a timely manner taking the lead for the mitigation actions with other functions in the organization such as Manufacturing, Engineering, Sales, and Procurement.
- Identify and pro-actively lead continuous improvement actions to prevent non-conformances by working closely with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure strong communication with other functions in the organization, facilitate exchange of information in order to implement quality-oriented change and improvements.
- Establish Quality Performance data and Key Performance Indicators, report on Quality activities on a regular basis to the Management team.
- Support new product development launch from R&D to production.
- Provide department leadership to support strategic initiatives.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced engineering/manufacturing environment.
- Systematic problem solver. Proactive and action oriented; works the details as necessary.
- Ability to quickly identify quality issues and establish courses of action for self and others to ensure that issues are resolved efficiently.
- Clearly and succinctly conveys information and ideas to individuals/groups in a variety of situations; communicates in a focused and compelling way that colleagues and others understand, retain and engage.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or the physical sciences.
- Experience in quality management working within a highly technical product development and manufacturing enterprise.
- Experience with a DoD defense program preferred.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer credentials preferred.
- Practical experience with complex electromechanical systems which include significant software components preferred.
Carnegie Robotics offers a very competitive benefits package. Due to the nature of some of our work, all applicants must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents to be considered.
Please email the following materials in Word or PDF format to the Carnegie Robotics Hiring Manager at: email@example.com and include “Quality Manager Position” in your email header:
- Short statement as to why you think you have what is needed for this position.
- A work sample.
- Two current references (including email, phone and basis for reference). We will contact your references and verify that you have the drive, attitude and skills to succeed as a Quality Manager in our environment.
Carnegie Robotics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes applications from all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable laws and Carnegie Robotics’ employment policies.