Supply Chain Manager
The Supply Chain Manager role is a senior position reporting to the Vice President of Manufacturing and is responsible for both the strategic direction and day-to-day value stream functions as it pertains to Sourcing, Purchasing, Procurement, and Material Management.
Must be skilled in balancing supply risk (i.e. capacity, constraints) with improvement opportunities. Focusing on building a supply chain, utilizing and deploying lean techniques, driving continuous improvement activities and achievement of superior performance.
· Own supply chain management from products in concept through final production, with extensive autonomy and control.
· Translating organizational objectives and needs into deliverable strategy to achieve business goals as well as ensure the value chain has the required materials to create a competitive advantage for the product portfolio.
· Develop and execute sourcing strategies, develop Dashboards, KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) and Metric Measurements as well as assign standard work with achievement targets and clear action plans.
· Offshore material sourcing when appropriate.
· Responsible for material sourcing and negotiations, supplier selection, supplier contracts, supplier quality, and supplier audits.
· Purchase defense related items in compliance with: FAR/DFAR, DCAA, and CPSR
· Work closely with Program Managers, Engineering, Quality, and Manufacturing to support product development.
· Review and effectively implement engineering changes and other changes that may affect current production activities/schedules.
· Manage all team members within the function including: production planner(s), buyer(s), inventory control, and Shipping/Receiving
· Hire, develop, and grow the supply chain team to support our business as our business grows
· Determine and maintain inventory levels based on expected customer service levels, including setting safety stocks, lead times, order quantities, reorder points and related planning parameters.
· Coordinate with warehouse team to support shop order pick list release, and kitting prioritization.
· Additional duties as required.
· Experience successfully offshoring electrical components (PCBA, cable), machining, injection molding, and assembly while protecting intellectual property.
· Strong negotiating skills
· Ability and desire to travel internationally as required for project success.
· Dedication and drive to lead the sourcing of world-class hardware
· Effective user of a sophisticated MRP system: Deltek Costpoint, SAP or Equivalent
· Strong working knowledge of LEAN/Toyota Production System
· Education: Bachelor's Degree - Engineering Preferred Minimum: Business, or Supply Chain
Carnegie Robotics offers a very competitive benefits package.
Carnegie Robotics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes applications from all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable laws and Carnegie Robotics’ employment policies.