Carnegie Robotics is seeking creative, energetic and driven Systems Engineers with strong hands-on skills to work on a variety of interesting and challenging robotics projects. This position provides the opportunity to join a team of talented veterans in the robotics field and build advanced sensors and autonomous robots from the ground up. The ideal applicant for this position has shrewd technical insight, creativity, and expansive experience. We seek candidates who take pride in building solid, rigorously tested systems.
We seek entry-level & experienced Systems Engineer candidates with:
- Work in collaboration with a group of engineers in the design, implementation, and operation of robotics projects including Mechanical, Electrical, Software, Controls, and Embedded.
- Responsible for one or more technology programs of levels spanning robotics functional units and systems.
- Accountable for project delivery through requirements, design, development, quality assurance, and production release.
- Manage expectations from cross functional teams, communicate effectively and collaborate to gain consensus for project direction, requirements agreement, and prioritization.
- Foster communication and reuse across development activities.
- Lead discussions between the development team to capture user requirements, stories, use cases, workflows and acceptance criteria on the robotics area.
- Actively manages issues, risk and schedule throughout the project and participates status management activities.
- Technical design background in autonomous systems, human systems engineering, software development, or systems engineering, including design work that integrates mechanisms, electronics, and software.
- Experience working with Software, Mechanical, and Electrical Engineers to design, develop, and test products.
- Demonstrated success in a highly collaborative environment
Benefits and Perks
Carnegie Robotics offers a competitive benefits package including:
High quality health/dental/vision insurance.
Free catered lunch!
401(k) plan with employer match.
Fully paid days off that accrue and are yours to keep starting year one: 22 paid holidays and 15 sick and vacation days.
Comp time for company travel
Please apply via the following link:
Be prepared to include the following materials:
- Short statement as to why you think you have what is needed for this position.
- Two current references (including email, phone and basis for reference). We will contact your references and verify that you have the drive, attitude and skills to succeed as a Systems Engineer in our environment.
Carnegie Robotics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes applications from all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable laws and Carnegie Robotics’ employment policies.