Carnegie Robotics is seeking creative, energetic and driven Mechanical Engineers with strong hands-on product development skills to work on a variety of interesting and challenging robotic perception and control projects. This position provides the opportunity to join a team of talented veterans in the robotics field and to design advanced sensors and autonomous robots from the ground up. The ideal applicant for this position has brains, creativity, and strong experience developing robotic components and sub-systems. We seek candidates who take pride in building solid, rigorously tested systems.
Due to the nature of some of our work, all applicants must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents to be considered.
We seek entry-level, experienced, and Senior Mechanical Engineer candidates with:
- Design, develop, implement, and test, low to moderately complex electro-mechanical systems.
- Develop design alternatives and perform trade studies to improve the quality of systems or products.
- Interface with other engineers, technicians, and project staff, as needed.
- Confirm system capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods and testing properties.
- Prepare product reports as needed for management, suppliers, and customers.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required.
- Product design background, including design work that integrates mechanisms and electronics.
- Experience working with Software and Electrical Engineers to design, develop, and test products.
- Solid background in engineering analysis including bearing life, motor loads, material selection, static and dynamic load cases.
- Experience doing COTS trade studies and make-versus-buy decisions.
- Experience with passive thermal design & analysis, environmental sealing, FEA, and custom gear trains.
- Familiarity with GD&T drawings, BOM management, and releasing products to a production group.
- Working knowledge of at least one programming language.
- Experience in production-level designing and testing methods.
- Knowledge of Solidworks
Benefits and Perks
Carnegie Robotics offers a competitive benefits package including:
High quality health/dental/vision insurance.
Free catered lunch!
401(k) plan with employer match.
Fully paid days off that accrue and are yours to keep starting year one: 22 paid holidays and 15 sick and vacation days.
Comp time for company travel
Please apply via the following link:
Be prepared to include the following materials:
- Short statement as to why you think you have what is needed for this position.
- Two current references (including email, phone and basis for reference). We will contact your references and verify that you have the drive, attitude and skills to succeed as a Mechanical Engineer in our environment.
Carnegie Robotics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes applications from all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable laws and Carnegie Robotics’ employment policies.