Optical Manufacturing Engineer
As a Optical Manufacturing Engineer you will lead process improvement projects focused on optical assembly products and collaborate with cross-functional teams (Quality, Production, Engineering, and Supply Chain) that improve quality and reduce waste product assembly processes. You must possess the ability to lead a team to continually problem solve and support a fast pace product development environment, while developing rigorous processes to achieve long-term Production success.
You will be expected to:
- Act as project leader on large scale, complex manufacturing projects to ensure manufacturing success; including single piece flow work cell creation from ground zero to complex assembly tooling creation
- Working knowledge of opto-mechanical processes; lens measurement, alignment, bonding, etc.
- Inspire and promote lean six sigma practices where possible
- Analyze current production systems for opportunities to automate where possible and promote automation in newly created processes
- Work with technicians, engineers, and quality team to develop and update process documentation, ensure clarity of instructions, and gaining an understanding of the process.
- Troubleshoot processes and test equipment
- Interpret engineering prints and schematics
- Train production employees on safety, quality, and processes
- Support all safety and quality initiatives including: 5S, ESD, FOD
- Root cause analysis
- Highly organized, required to maintain focus during constant transition
- Maintain high standards of excellence through accuracy, rigor, and timeliness.
- Excel within a cross-functional team environment
- Proactive and action-oriented; works the details as necessary
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced engineering/manufacturing environment.
- Able to lift more than 40 lbs.
- Four-year technical degree preferred, two-year technical degree required
- 5 years’ experience in a Lean Manufacturing environment
- Experience with precision instrumentation and complex electromechanical systems preferred.
Occasional travel for training or field support may be required.
Product Launch Manager
Carnegie Robotics LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes applications from all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable laws and Carnegie Robotics’ employment policies.